Monday, August 15, 2011

trying something new

I seem to have a problem sitting down- inside- away from the sun long enough to complete posts for my blog. I have also gotten to the point where my blog posts are very long and take time to complete, which makes it that much harder to keep up.

This past weekend Bill and I left the city, which we do every weekend, and read through our haiku book. Haiku is a Japanese form of poetry and if you are interested in learning more, you can click here. I had never had much of an interest in it, until this past weekend. It became a challenge to think about and compose haikus. I have also been enjoying the Instagram program on my iphone, which allows me to take pictures with my phone and customize them with artsy lenses. I'm going to post some of my favorite pics of where I am and what I'm doing, and add haiku's for explanation.

I will catch up with the regular blogs too. I still need to post on the Steens Mts. trip, Pacific city with the Chamberlins and Phillips, crabbing in Netarts, Mt. St. Helens climb, and on and on.... So much blogging and too much sunshine to come inside!

I hope you are all enjoying this wonderful summer too!!!

No comments: