Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I'm in!

I'm in and I'm exhausted! So thankful for the 7 friends that helped my move go super FAST this past Saturday. Everything was finalized on Friday and I'm pretty sure that was one of the longest days of my life! I met my realtor at the house at 5pm and just walked around the empty house in a daze for about an hour or so. I had some feelings of, "what the heck did I just do?", but they subsided when the excitement of making the home my own set in! I was very lucky to have Mr. HandyMan Dave help me out on Sunday. We patched up the garage, bought paint and supplies, insect stuff for the vents and foundation, and putty for patching. I have to say the best part of Sunday was finding the matching dryer to the washer that I inherited with the house. It is now installed and I am once again the proud owner of a washer/dryer! It has been 3 long years since I have had laundry in my home and geez does it feel good!

So now I have been prioritizing where my money and energy will go. I have paint for my bedroom. That will be the first room to complete, so I can move in and feel comfy. Then I'll paint the living room, hallway etc.... The basement is absolutely a priority. I am going to start getting bids so I can get it rentable as soon as possible.

For now, I'm living out of boxes. I'm also working extra hours this week because am missing work later this week. I have to drive to seattle on Wednesday night to catch a flight to Texas Thursday morning for a wedding I am in this weekend. Not the best time to be taking a trip, but I'm so excited to witness my very good friend Necia get married!

I took tons of pics before I moved my stuff in and will post them soon. The Pets are doing great! Baby loves the backyard and has poo-ed more times in the last 3 days than she has in weeks. I think she is working on claiming every inch! Buddha spent the first 36 hours in the closet in the attic, but has gotten over his fear and now prances around, meow-ing at all hours of the night. I think they will be pretty happy in our new home!

No comments: