Wednesday, March 31, 2010

move-in day

First of all... I have to start by saying that I have the bestest friends ever! They all offered to help with my move and because there were so many of us, it didn't take long at all! I also need to preface this post by saying that my pictures are completely out of order and because I have a very limited internet, I didn't have enough time to rearrange them. So pretty much I'm going to provide a short description for each photo.

I still can't believe I own a home! My workdays drag on and all I can think about it coming home and working on projects. I'm trying to pace my go-to attitude since you have to have money to work on all these projects.... breathe Beth... breathe.

On to the pics:


I treat my movers well. I believe in nourishing their bodies with beer and pizza!

Unfortunately, the Little Ceasars feast can be pretty messy.

This is a picture of my sun filled bedroom. I was originially worried about the smaller size of my bedroom, but turns out it is bigger than I thought. It will work out just fine.

These are two of my very good friends; Betty and Lisa.

Buddha found a temporary hiding place on moving day. He was not a happy camper. Thank goodness that was short lived.

Zach is another wonderful friend who helped out on moving day. He also plays a mean PeeWee Herman on Halloween!

The second bedroom on the main floor is nice too. The last remodel included lots of knotty pine. Great for a wooded cottage, but not for my PDX bungalow....

So the basement in the house is ridiculously large. This is a shot of the area I'm going to have remodeled very soon.

The old owner told me that there was a stray cat that she was feeding. This is the pic of the cat. I just want to say that I already found out that this cat has a home and was definitely playing the last owner. My neighbors warned me that this cat is a mean cat. I found this out for myself when the cat attacked my leg one morning. Oooops... I accidently helped that cat off the stairs with my foot that morning....

This is a view of the newly added bathroom in the basement.

These pics really don't show the spaciousness of the 840 square foot basement.... this is a shot of the living area.

The seperate entrance to the basement apartment.

I don't know why, but I love this shot of the kitchen/dining room. I like that it shows the coved ceiling detail. Again, the pictures don't show the ample and the open floor plan in this house.

There is an 8 foot wide window in the living room. The mid-day sunlight is unreal. l-o-v-e-i-t!!!!!

The kitchen is big. really big actually. I will be spending a pretty penny to remodel this area, but not for a few years. The bad news is that I've already picked out exactly what I want and can't wait to ditch the 70's orange for fresh white, brown and stainless steel(with some butcher block of course). Pretty much I am very very excited to make these changes! Now I just need to be great at my day job and find some university teaching gigs to bring in more income. I've never been so excited to work 60+ hours a week! I feel like I'm in grad school again! Only this time, it is better! I feel very fortunate, blessed, lucky, whatever you want to call it. Feeling very thankful these days!

No comments: