Monday, May 16, 2011

getting closer....

Bill finished framing the wall that will be the backsplash behind the counters in the basement kitchen. I'm seriously getting excited. This probably isn't the most interesting blog material, but I can't help but share a few more pics. We took the Ikea butcher block countertop out of the box and placed it on top of the cupboards. I can't wait to cut a hole and get the sink installed! We are getting close (thanks to Billy Boy)!!

I have pics of the counter and wall building, but first- a picturesque view of the flowers and bamboo outside of the new kitchen window. The afternoon light hits this window just right.
I have been waiting so long to see how this countertop looks and I am very happy! It was very reasonable too!

Starting to see what it will look like....
Bill starts to build the wall that will be the tile backsplash.
Ahhhh!!! I can't wait until it's done. After this project, we move onto the floors. That should be fun.

No comments: