Friday, September 3, 2010

Happy Belated Mom's Day!

Last weekend the family finally gathered to deliver Mom's big belated Mother's day present. We had promised her that we would clean up her yard, since it was starting to take on a life of it's own.

Even Grandma chipped in.

This is my 91 year old Grandma Junette raking piles in the backyard. Yep, that's my Grandma!

Megan learning how to mow with the riding mower. After about 37 minutes she stopped with the figure eights and started a more organized pattern. Did I mention that she sang to herself for at least 45 minutes while she was mowing? I thought as she got older she would look and be less like me, but I was wrong. She still looks like me and she is nutty like myself.... poor girl!

We waged a war on this very large, out of control, bush in the backyard. Christian and I started trimming, but it soon became evident that it needed to go all together.

Starting to go...

and after a few tries, it was gone!

Now you can see the other side of the yard! It looks so much better.

After several hours of work, we all went to my sister's for some delicious food. My sister is so considerate. I haven't eaten beef for at least 15 years. This is really conflictual since the rest of my family (especially the siblings) love a huge piece of bleeding meat. GROSS! But what I was saying was that my wonderful sister and brother always have special chicken or something in addition so I always have an equally delicious meal. Thank you guys for that!

My Grandma enjoying a refreshing grape flavored Smirnoff Ice beverage.

Mathew is growing up so fast. The baby has left the building. Now we have a little man. He is soooooooo cute!

The food was delicious! Especially after a long, hard day in the yard! Thanks Carrie and Darren!

My oldest nephew is 17 (I'm shedding a tear right now) and this is his room. What you are looking at is a projection of his video game. The entire north wall of his bedroom is used to play video games and watch TV. Seriously??? The TV in my living room was donated and has no remote control. This set-up is fit for royalty! The character that he is 'playing' just jumped off a cliff and is skydiving. The whole set-up and game is surreal and it made me feel about 150 years old. Very cool graphics, although I can safely say the real thing is much cooler!

Usually I'm the cheeseball in the pic, but Will always gives me a run for my money!

This is my sister's new hot tub and backyard paradise. It was so nice to put my old bones in the hot tub after a long day of work. What I don't have pics of is my brother and myself, the following day, power-washing Mom's roof. It was a very productive weekend and felt great to get Mom's yard into shape!

No comments: