Tuesday, November 23, 2010

basement happenings.....

So......my basement continues to be a work in progress. My original goals were to quickly make it livable and rent it out ASAP. Turns out, that is much harder than one might think. I did drag my feet on getting the electrical work completed, but even more of a problem was my interest in making it a desirable place to live. Since I started the remodeling project, several things have happened. My partially employed neighbor has been re-framing and drywalling for very cheap. This has made a huge difference in the feeling and appearance of the entire basement. There are also two new windows, one in the kitchen and one in the bedroom. The big projects have included reframing, new drywall and taping, electrical updates and the plumbing. I finally got the electrical stuff done and am also feeling very thankful to Mr. Bill who has ridiculous handyman skills. He plumbed the kitchen/laundry area. Words can not express my appreciation for his time and efforts in this area.

Here are a few pics from around the basement.

Bill working on the plumbing. Notice my free craigslist cabinets in the bottom of the pic. They have been primed and will be painted a nice, clean white very soon. Butcher block countertops, new stainless steel sink and faucet to follow!

New window in the bedroom. There is also a new centrally located light, new outlet and new convenient light switch. I'm wondering why I didn't become an $$electrician$$?

The newly framed closet and door.

The bathroom- which thankfully was done when I moved in. I just had to have the ceiling drywalled.

This is a view of the kitchen/entry/bathroom area from the living room.

This is the living room/bedroom side of the basement.

Bill finishing his work.

Braya and Baby hanging out in the basement.

I'm feeling really good about the basement. Thinking I wouldn't mind living down there myself! I will have a Basement party when it is all complete. I can't wait to see the finished product!

No comments: