Wednesday, April 6, 2011

tech overload.

So apparently, teaching four online classes at a community college uses up all your 'online energy reserves'. I just have had no desire to spend more time on the computer than I have had too. This term has required A LOT of prep, and now the course maintenance is more than I thought it would be. It also doesn't help that the computer software system has been riddled with problems, causing additional stress for students and instructors.

I can't complain though. I have employment and healthcare through my county job, which is good because I have been sick these last two months. I will blog about it soon, but basically I'm being tested for this crappy thing called Meniere's Disease. The disease symptoms are caused by a faulty inner ear. The inner ear can not regulate itself, causing excess fluid that interferes with balance. The extra fluid results in constant dizziness, hearing impairment, ringing ear and episodes of vertigo, which for me meant vomiting.... It's been a good time. I can report though that I'm getting better slowly and today I even had a short run and workout.

I have so many updates to make on this blog and will work on them over the next few weeks. Despite all the sickness that has been going on in my life, there have been wonderful things to report! I'll post soon, I promise!

** oh and I managed to finally join the rest of society when I purchased my iphone. I downloaded a few fun photo apps that have made it easy for me to take random photos whenever I have a minute of free time. It's been fun. There is a link on the right side of my page entitled, 'my flickr'. Check it out!

Hope you are all well and ready for spring to come... sometime soon I hope!

No comments: