Sunday, August 10, 2008

circles

Lately it seems like my life evolves in circles. I know it is like this every summer because the weekends fill up fast with planned activities, but it seems like I'm especially attentive this summer since my transitional (partially unemployed) period causes me such discomfort. No new news on the jobfront. My dreamjob is non existent at this point and until something comes along, I need to be continuing on with my consulting stuff. This continues to be a scary thought for me, so I'm trying to enjoy the growth process.

I have developed a nice little schedule that has just recently included a little bit more working out. I have a triathlon next weekend and unfortunately training for this race has not been at the top of my priority list. In fact, I'm pretty sure it missed the list all together. Usually it is very motivational for me, but I have reasoned with myself that I have used up all my "go get 'em goal energy" on my dissertation. I feel empty with energy and I'm not adjusting well to that. I'm hoping the triathlon will ignite my hunger for cardio and hopefully I can back on the train. Until then, golf has become my favorite way to pass time. Unfortunately, golf is not the most active sport, but I can safely say it is the hardest sport I have ever played! I love the challenge. I had the opportunity to play 18 holes with a friend up north and it was GREAT!!! So, hitting a bucket of balls has become part of my weekly schedule.

A pic from golfing last weekend. How's the posture Dad?
On another note, my dear friend Heather(Peru Heather) is adopting a border collie mix puppy and I'm elated! Yes!!! my friends with dogs count keeps rising and I couldn't be happier. Because this pup is only 6 weeks old, I will absolutely post pics of her cuteness when I take them. Yay Heather!!!

Okay, jumping back into my Sunday morning schedule now. Vacuum, run, grocery... blah.... blah......

No comments: