Tuesday, August 31, 2010

why can't every day be a weekend day?

Where did the summer go? This summer has been more work and less play than I would have liked, but it has had it's highlights; camping near Mt. St. Helens, finishing my 5th Danskin triathlon, having several house guests and enjoying my new home and yard. A few weekends ago I was lucky enough to be invited to a 1950's housewife yard party. My friend Elizabeth is so inspiring to me. She is a new friend at my county job and she is fantastic! Her vintage taste, attention to detail and creative party event ideas keep me intrigued. I love her energy! Here are some photos from her amazing b-day party!






My Bday events have included kickball, roller skating, and bbq parties. I think I'm going to take it to the next level next year. Immediate party idea contenders include; Grease 2 goodness, Dirty Dancing dance party, Saturday Night Fever(I'm really liking that one!). Themed parties are fun!

50's party on Saturday and surfing with the ladies on Sunday. The weather and waves were both amazing. Both Loriann and Steph asked me to help them with their first surf experience. We had a blast!



I needed a weekend to rest after this very busy weekend! Luckily, I had a few days off to relax and rejuvenate!

No comments: