Sunday, February 15, 2009

Home Sweet Home

It is official: I want a cabin in the woods. This past weekend, the ladies and I rented a small cabin about 20 minutes from Mt. Hood. 
We arrived on Friday night with enough time to enjoy homemade enchiladas and mexi-salad. This cabin was super cute. It was equipped with all the amenities including a hot tub and a roaring wood stove. It was perfect!
Heather also made the blueberry and cream cheese scones from scratch. She is pretty amazing!
We hit Mt. Hood Meadows on Saturday for some skiing and snowboarding. Rebeca and Betty tried snowboarding for the first time and did amazingly well! It was fun too because Betty borrowed my gear while I used her skis. It was the first time I had been on skis in 13 years! They were fun for about 30 minutes and then I was more than happy to strap the board back on!
Rebeca and Betty posing for a pic.

I love this photo of the girls-

After a long day of snowboarding, we enjoyed a wonderful Valentine's Day dinner which included Spicy Thai peanut chicken and Curried Chicken. We all took turns preparing food for our meals and it worked out perfect. Everyone made great dishes!
We enjoyed a little Vino, then played some serious card games, sat in the hot tub and then those who are addicted, watched several episodes of 'The Office'. I'm still waiting to fall in love with that show. Unfortunately it is a little too reminiscent of all my least favorite cubicle work memories.

We took our time waking up on Sunday morning. We drank gourmet coffee and ate cinnamon rolls. Around noon we made it to a local trail for some snow shoeing. It was a perfect day for a hike!

Erica made a few friends while I was seeing a man about a horse. When I came back from my little diversion, this little guy was hanging out on her hand.
Near the end of our hike, Julie decided to cool down with a little break in the snow.

A picture of my pumpkin- She was pooped and nearly fell asleep in my arms as I carried her for the last 30 minutes of the hike. I keep forgetting she isn't a young little thing anymore. Boo!!!!
This weekend was a ton of fun, but exhausting!
The cabin was perfect! Heather's bed was right in front of the cozy fire. Four of us slept upstairs in the loft. 
Heather and I....
Betty and Rebeca....
I feel that this pic pretty much sums up the weekend. We had a great ladies weekend full of action packed activities, but we also enjoyed each others' company over good food and wine. A cabin rental is already in the works for later this year. Instead of enjoying the snow, maybe we'll take advantage of the ocean and all become surfer babes? Did I mention that Oregon and I were meant to be? I love this place-

No comments: