Sunday, May 6, 2012

around the house

This weekend was pretty awesome! 

I worked in the yard, walked dogs with a friend, checked out a raw foods recipe book from the library, juiced and smoothied, soaked up some sun, planted some onions-strawberries-kale-celery in my garden box, and slept in late. I had hoped to escape to the coast for the day, but it didn't happen and it's okay. I thought I was antsy and sick of being chained to the house, but it turns out I was just sick of feeling sick. Now that I'm on the mend, I'm pretty darn happy just hanging around my house and yard. I have so much to be thankful for.......

Now a few pictures of my weekend creations-
Green Juice- I've made a few different variations of this and some have been much tastier than others, but they always have that same earthy greenish color. 
Sunday night dinner- seasoned sauteed tempeh with a sweet potato, kale, cauliflower, basil mash. Delish.
...... and my favorite creation yet! An avocado smoothie made with avocado (duh), kale, carrot, apple, flaxseed oil, hemp milk, and a touch of stevia and cinnamon. So decadent! 

I'm having fun with this stuff and I feel like a rockstar after I eat it! Cheers to health and cheers to taking care of my body! You only get one!

No comments: