Thursday, May 10, 2012

the healing continues....

I've realized that I need to say 'the healing continues', because I've had some trying moments this week. It turns out.... I'm not healed yet! I think I feel great, make plans, then forge on only to wake up the next morning feeling like I had been run over by a bus. It has still been less than a month since my surgery. I need to remind myself of that when I'm anxious about getting back to my old schedule with my old energy levels. 

Yesterday, I combatted my painful awakening with not only juice, but also a smoothie for work. Unfortunately, my pain and the stress of my old life/responsibilities put me in a tailspin that led me straight to my bed at 8:30pm with a Migraine. I never get headaches and I never go to bed this early! I was asleep by 9:30 and work up this morning at 8am. That is a lot of sleep, and obviously I needed it. My sleep has not been high quality for the last couple of weeks, and now I see that I need to make this a priority for a while until I'm feeling healthier. 




I picked up some green superfood and used it in my smoothie yesterday. Supposedly, you can drink this powder with just juice or nut milk..... I'm not that courageous yet. What I did taste was pleasant though and packed with nutrients!



In other news- I'm growing wheatgrass! My house is starting to feel like a mini farm! Gardening, grass-growing, bean-sprouting, composting Bethy! Yes Ma'am, my wake-up call has sparked real change and I like it! The only negative side effect is that I might not laugh as much when I watch Portlandia. I'm becoming one of them....... (insert eerie music here)

Have a great day!


No comments: