Tuesday, April 29, 2008



Finally! I rejoined society today after months of spending every minute of my free time in my 486 square foot studio, in front of a computer, with two animals. I have tickets to a lecture series through illahee.org and this evenings lecture was by Dr. James Tabor. He is well known for his historical research on several types of religion, including Christianity. I will absolutely purchase this book and read it when my academic life is a bit slower. He is very involved in studying the historical documents that influenced the formation of Christianity. Currently he is excavating ancient ruins in Jerusalem in search of cultural artifacts that could reveal additional information about Jesus Christ. It was fascinating and also opened my eyes to how much I don't know about this time in history. His observations and points were captivating, and I look forward to learning more. It is exhausting really when you think about all the things there are to learn about in this world. I'm tired just thinking about it. It is my bedtime.

If you are interested, check out his website http://www.jesusdynasty.com/ .

No comments: