Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Alright... That's it-

I know the universe is teaching me patience right now, and honestly I'm feeling okay considering my car was broken into today while I was running on the treadmill at 24 hour fitness. Came out to my car in the parking garage to find another broken window on the passenger side. My first thought was, "Seriously? Is this happening again?" 

The funny thing was that this was WAY different than the last time this happened to me. When my Mom's car was broken into at Bree's wedding in Seattle- I felt really bad about what had happened to her car, not to mention the extremely personal information that was taken from me.... my diary, my planner, my social security card... and I think I interrupted the break-in in progress, which makes me feel sick to my stomach when I recall it.  

This time--- not nearly as bad. I had some things in a cheap Winco re-usable bag. I still hadn't replaced my bag from the last time this happened and that may have been a good thing, since I was walking around with very few things. What was taken? My little clutch purse with a credit card, driver's license, health card, and my student ID. Canceled the card- but the student ID is not replaceable. That card has been the gift that has kept on giving. Do you know how many discounts you can, or I could have gotten with that card? Guess I'll have to re-enroll to get another one. I was missing school anyways. They also got my favorite Jeans, a favorite shirt, a sports bra, a regular bra and my favorite pointy white shoes. They also got my new book, "How to live", which I was loving!!! and my diary with personal thoughts and ideas for my consulting business and life in general. Major bummer. Good news I still have my brain to think that stuff up again. Third time's a charm I guess after already losing a diary in the first break-in.  What else?? Oh. My Cell phone. That brings me to my next point. If you are needing to get in touch with me, please email me at my gmail account. I'm not sure when I will be able to put out for a new phone. The last bad thing.... They broke my window. Pain in the butt, but tomorrow I will call and hopefully that will be fixed ASAP so I can get to the mountain for back country boarding and camping this weekend. Priorities!

So the serendipitous things that made today less painful- my cash card was in my jeans on the floor in my apartment. My forgetfulness was inconvenient at Starbucks this morning, but I sure was glad I didn't have it this evening! I also didn't wear my favorite 'Pike's place market' belt on my pants today, which I originally thought was gone. I also forgot my planner today and was missing it at work- but again glad it is sitting next to me on my bed right now. I also had a phone meltdown and wrote down all my contact numbers about 3 weeks ago so I have them for when I can afford a new phone. WOW! so much to be thankful for. It gets better! My snowboard Jacket (which was a victim of the last car theft) was not taken. My snowboard was also sitting in the back with my boots! YAY! 

So- lucky for me this day could have been SO MUCH WORSE!

If you need me- please email!

1 comment:

babybuddhalover said...

Whoopsies! Lots of errors in this post! Guess I was a little more worked up than I thought!