Saturday, March 7, 2009

Not another Mt. blog entry....

I know... How many posts can you have on mountain visits? I do apologize. I mean how much can you write about Mt. Hood? Well, This post contains a lot of pictures because yesterdays trip to Mt. Hood was breathtaking. Most of the lower half of the resort was clouded in for most of the day, but one quick ride to the very top and it seemed like you could walk on the clouds.
I love the feeling of being above the clouds.  I was a happy girl.

This next picture is of upper Heather Canyon. This isn't open often, but after 14" of new powder, it was open and glorious. It is pretty steep, which is just the way I like it! There is also a picture of my leg and board looking down the ridge, but it doesn't do the edge of this bowl justice. 

It was another great day on the Mountain. Fresh Powder and great music all with a board strapped to my feet. It is funny, but these trips fill my tank for the rest of the week. I'm so glad I found an activity that is physically challenging, but after a day I feel refreshed and less exhausted with all the other crap life throws at me. The perfect Stress Release.

I had to include a picture of my car. It has actually become a sport to give me crap for how dirty my car is and has been. Secretly, what they don't know is that when it is dirty like this, I love my car more than ever. She has been such a great vehicle! We are at 10 years and 130,000 miles together. I have really only replaced the clutch(2x), but other than that, she has been great. KNOCK ON WOOD of course!

No comments: