Sunday, March 15, 2009

St. Patty's celebration: year three

I moved up to Portland just over 3 years ago. My first year here, we had a St. Patty's day party and it seems like it has become a tradition to spend this holiday with Mrs. Jen Grube. I know I have rambled on about how great I think Jen is in previous posts- so I will just share photos from previous years.
This first photo is from a Sellwood Dive bar in 2007. In 2008 we celebrated at Kell's with Michael and Peter (Jen's hometown buds).
And a photo from this year- 2009.

Jen's friend Tiff came from Bend, Oregon and we started at Kell's and migrated to a bar that had great dance music.
We danced for what felt like hours! One look at my feet and it is evident that we weren't messing around- I have 2 blisters!!!
After all that dancing (and calorie burning) we had to get doughnuts from Voodoo doughnuts. This is pretty much a Portland landmark. This centrally located shop is home to various quirky creations like, a maple bacon bar, a captain crunch berry doughnut, a dirt doughnut and the no name doughnut. The doughnuts are so delicious that we walked several blocks in the pouring rain.... definitely worth getting soaking wet!!!

Sadly, Jen had to drive the 1 1/2 hours back to her hometown this morning. I look forward to seeing her again soon. Luckily, we had a great evening with plenty of pics to hold us over until next years celebration.  

No comments: