Monday, June 15, 2009

Sandbeach

Oh Geez.... How do I even start this post? Three words- SO MUCH FUN!!! 

I had the best time hanging with my brother, his son and all his buddies this past weekend at Sand Beach, Oregon. I completely understand my brother's obsession with ATV's now. I am so thankful that he was so generous with letting me borrow his ATV especially since he had the most desirable ATV of all. I felt like I was driving the Hot Rod.  His little engine had so much get up and go that I was able to easily catch up with other ATV's on the beach.. I can't really explain how exhilarating it was to ride on the sand. I ride my motorcycle almost every day, but there was definitely something more playful and unleashed about cuttin' loose, doing donuts, sprinting up a very steep hill.... I have been at work all day and all I can think about is how to get my next ATV fix. 

I hope this urge simmers down soon. I certainly don't have the funds to be adopting new hobbies. I guess I will just look forward to next years trip. I have posted some pics from this years trip. 

Dave and Will hitting the beach on day 1. Will and his little 'mini' ATV were so cute!My first ride on the ATV.
Dave's awesome dog Lucy. She and Baby spent some quality time together in the truck. 
I love this picture! Wish I could wiggle my nose and be there right now!
My brother is the best Dad! His little boy idolizes him and it was so great to be around both of them. Words can't express how cool I think my brother is. 
Baby and Lucy- in the truck again!!
Dave taking his boy for a walk down to the water.
We had bonfires on the beach each night after dinner. It was perfect.
My brother the cook. I don't usually eat bacon and the grease that accompanies it, but this weekend I had one of the best egg, bacon and cheese sandwiches I have had in a long time. I love bacon.
I had to capture this face!
Dave taking Will for a fast ride!
One of the guys had a motocross bike that I rode for a short while. It wasn't fun though. Trying to keep it upright was a real workout. I rode it for about 10 minutes and felt successful because I DIDN'T eat sand. I'll stick with 4 wheels in the sand.
My rad brother doing pop-o-wheeley, I mean a wheeley. 
It looks like he was going to fall off here, but he got it upright again. Scary!
Will sitting on a 'big boy' ATV eating an apple next to the fire.
This was me charging up a hill.
Loved this peek-a-boo sunset!
So the three of us slept in the same tent. Can I just say that I had so much fun with these two guys! It was also kind of funny because I don't spend a ton of time with my brother, but found that we have some of the same mannerisms and preferences. For example, we brought a lot of the same beverages and snacks. We also seemed to laugh at the same time with very similar sounding laughs. I love my brother and this trip made me want to hang out with him more. He is that quiet guy in the group that everyone looks to for guidance and answers, yet he can gracefully put someone in their place when they are out of line. He is humble and consistently fair with every decision. He is an amazing human being.
On Sunday I drove 20 minutes south to Pacific City (my favorite spot on the Oregon Coast). I made a pretty sorry attempt to surf on Sunday afternoon. *** Note to self ***  ATVing and surfing do not go well together. I was SO sore from riding I could barely lift my hands above my head. Turns out you need to hold on real tight to not fall off the ATV when you are cruising on bumpy sand and this causes great discomfort in the back and arm muscles. I surfed for a little while and then found that napping on the beach in the sun was a better way to spend my time. 

I have to stop with these fun weekends. They are making my workdays inch by at a slugs pace.  Oh to be a millionaire-


No comments: