Sunday, August 2, 2009

I'm over the heat.....

Today marked the 9th day in a row of 90+ degree temperatures in Portland. It has been hot and I'm actually really looking forward to cooler temperatures. We have no air conditioner and live in a 3rd floor apartment. And my pets.... my poor pets.... I'm over it. 

This weekend was a blast! I met a new friend at the apartment pool and her name is Desiree. Our friend Zach invited us to the rock gym and I finally built up enough courage to put on the harness.  Yeah, you heard me right. I'm not so afraid of the heights. What I hate is the less than flattering harness that supports you while you are dangling from the wall. I'm feeling bad that I waited this long to go (Sorry Sophie!!), because the harness wasn't so bad! The climbing itself was amazing!!! It was a great workout, not to mention a great adrenaline rush and sense of satisfaction.
Desiree and I-

an action shot!I had just made it to the top and was feeling good! That is also Desiree over my shoulder on her way up.

It was tons of fun! I hope to go back again soon!

My roommate Heather had a very good friend fly in from California for the weekend. Heather had to work on Saturday, so Stacey and I went to the waterfront to watch a wakeboard competition. 
They also had motorcross riders who did a ton of tricks on these metal ramps. They were getting some serious air and made more than a few people nervous. Luckily, they landed every single jump perfectly without incident!
A flip-
Not sure what this is called, but it is cool!

Saturday night the ladies hit the town! 
Great weekend! Kind of sad to go to work tomorrow, but looking forward to the AC! 

No comments: