Monday, January 10, 2011

first day off

Monday morning... not a vacation day or holiday and I'm at home. It feels really strange! I started to try and think about things that stress me out, almost like I was making up for stress that I usually experience right now, and then I decided I didn't want to be preoccupied with useless stressful thoughts. I want to experience this day! I hate it when I'm at work and all I want to do is wish the day by, so I can go home. What is that about? I think that will be a new goal. Striving to work a job for the rest of my life that doesn't feel like work...... Working less will be an experience for me. I have been working overtime every week for the last year! Who knew this adjustment would be like this? I bet it gets easier next week. I look forward to finding out.

I was going to celebrate this day with snowboarding, but apparently homeownership had other plans. Bill and I spent the entire weekend working on straightening the garage. I will post pictures soon, but basically the old girl was leaning and on her way down. The most amazing thing (which I'll blog about later), is that my neighbors saw us working on this and all came together to help us complete this crazy job. I felt so much love from all these guys yesterday. It was the equivalent of 80 years of experience, consulting and working as a team with Bill and I to get ol' Bessy straightened.

I'm super excited about the whole thing. I mean the garage itself will be a shop, but there are plans for a kayak building area and ceramics studio off to the side. Of course, this is WAY down the road, but the thought of having MY OWN CERAMICS studio makes me speechless.

Here's a teaser photo of the old girl: (ha! and my old man!)


Luckily, both B and I have the next 3 Mondays off. We will snowboard then. I WILL enjoy today though. Going to fit in a run, and end the day watching the Ducks hopefully win the National Championship. I'm feeling the football these days with the Seahawks amazing game on Saturday.

Happy Monday all!

No comments: