Tuesday, September 2, 2008

4-wheeling fun!

I want to start out by prefacing this blog with the fact that I have posted MANY pics of my nephew Will. Why? Because he is too cute! I love this little long-eye-lashed boy! If you like to see pictures of cute little blonde 3 year old boys- keep reading.

I called my brother Dave to see if he was going to be around for the Labor day weekend. To my surprise, he was home and he had an extra ATV in the garage. I had a taste of ATV riding about a month ago, but wasn't able to really appreciate the power while wearing a skirt and flip-flops. Dave took us across the street to his hidden paradise and I had a blast!

Below, Will watching his hero get the 4 wheelers ready.
Inside the house Mom, Angie and Baby Mathew hung out. Mathew is a big boy!
We had to have a pre-ride pic.
So my brother rides the ATV like a champ! I don't have a picture of it, but he took us to this cliff-like hill side where he proceeded to ride up and down it at a speed I still am unable to comprehend. Below he is catching some dukes of hazard air! I also want to take this opportunity to say that my brother is the toughest man I know. While navigating the ATV's out of the trail area, the ATV rolled back onto his body and he didn't even flinch. Apparently this is not uncommon for ATV riders. I have to think long and hard before I continue on with this scary sport!
In the following pic I'm getting my donut on. Ohhh the adrenaline!!!
How cute is my nephew? We had a mini photo shoot.....Taking a walk up the hill. This was actually a funny story. We were out there for a while and I had to excuse myself to the bushes after many cups of morning coffee with my Grandma. Will asked where I was going and I told him I had to talk to a man about a horse. He said, "ha. okay". Well later we had to go and try to find the man I spoke to about a horse.The following disturbing pic was of a woman's boot in the waterhole. It was a little shady and like a car accident, I had to have a long look and a photo. Oh beth....
Before returning to the house..... of course we had to pick grass from the waterhole and marvel at how big the roots were! "Cool Auntie Beth!"
I love these boys! Thanks for the wonderful afternoon Dave!!! I'm hoping to someday get an invite for a day at the dunes for some ATVing in this great state of Oregon! (hint hint...)

No comments: