Tuesday, November 18, 2008

$100 dollar night!

Yep. I just made one hundred buckaroos. I saw an ad for a focus group on craigslist jobs and gave them a call. They recorded my demographic information and gave me a call.  There was a group of 12 of us and we were chosen because we supposedly represented a typical Portland jury. I'm sad to say that I thought Portland was more ethnically diverse!

I took an oath not to discuss the case details because it will be in the courts in about 2 years. Listening to the arguments was fascinating. I wouldn't want to be a part of a real jury because it was exhausting. After 4 hours and minimal details I was ready to take a break. 

The guy who ran the focus group was brilliant. I never have been a big 'law' person, but after tonight and witnessing the facilitator's persuasive skills, I have a new respect for the J.D.!!

Thanks focus group for funding nearly a fourth of my Mt. Hood Season Pass!!! And after this evening's discussions 
I am absolutely thankful for my health. 
 

No comments: